directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] changes to DSML engine
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:44:57 GMT
On 29 mars 2011, at 19:35, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> hi guys,

Hi Kiran,

>    As you might have already observed I have added support for handling
>
>    * large DSML request documents(by not maintaining the references
> to intermediate request objects)

Awesome! That was one drawback of the previous implementation.
Especially if you're dealing with heavy requests... Memory could have been an issue.

>    * streaming DSML response to a given outputstream
>      (I have still kept the reference to BatchResponseDsml in the
> DsmlV2Engine but will remove it if no one objects, it is good to have
> from a testing POV, but we can easily
>      parse the response string and construct this object anyway, so I
> leave it as it is for now)

I tend to think it might be also handy to have an object storing the complete response to
a BatchResponse.
I don't know...
I'll have a closer look at it.

>    * handle DSML requests present inside a SOAP envelope

Cool, I didn't even know it was possible to add DSML requests in a SOAP envelope... :-D

>    Am still testing this streaming feature, if you guys find some
> problem I request you to report it.

Any pointers on how to test the streaming feature?
I'm very curious to see it in action with large requests/responses. :)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud