directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Renaming EntryAttribute to Attribute ?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:26:53 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Makes totally sense to me.

It seems more obvious than EntryAttribute.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 30 mars 2011, at 16:21, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> when I initially started to write the EntryAttribute class, I picked this name to avoid
a confusion with the JNDI Attribute class. bck 2 years ago, it was important, because we had
a hell lot of JNDI code all over the shared and server code. Mixing both name would have been
a nightmare, with package expended into the source instead of just having the imports.

> Now that we have been able to get rid of most of the JNDI calls, it might be a good idea
to move the name to use Attribute.