directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter parsing and values
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:35:21 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm facing an interesting issue. When we parse a filter, we build a
Value which is a BinaryValue, even if the attribute is H/R. The problem
is that we have to provide a getString() method which translates this
byte[] when we want to process the Value.

I tried to get rid of the getString() method in the StringValue class
and getBytes() in BinaryValue, but I can't because of the above issue.

Now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to store a StringValue()
when we parse a Filter, as a default value, excpet if the Filter is
schema aware (which is not currently the case).

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,