directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:02:10 GMT
On 3/28/11 7:56 PM, Amila Jayasekara wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> As far as i know my application does not do any binding operations.
I don't know what you do with your application, but without binding, you
are very unlikely to inject new data into the base.

How do you communicate with the server ? Which API are you using ?
> But i will debug more, and see whether any binding requests are
> originating. Thus the error message says "Cannot process a Request
> while binding". What exactly meant by this error message ? In other
> words, what is it referring to as "Request" ?
It means that some BindRequest is pending, and it's only generated when
a SASL bind is being procedeed.
> Does this error occurs if we try to send multiple bind requests at the
> same time ?
Unlikely. Again, this error message is only meet when processing a SASL
bind. There is no other place in the code where the 732 error is generated.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,