directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Pb with mvn eclipse:eclipse and -Dintegration
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:02:53 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm facing some painful problem with the last modifications made on the
build system : as the shared-integ is now depending on the -Dintegration
profile to be present to be executed, if you forget to provide this
profile when doing a mvn eclipse:eclipse, the .classpath is not
generated correctly.

So now, to get all the module correctly imported in eclipse, you have to
do :
mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dintegration

Although I understand that it was mandatory to add this profile to get
the site generated and the release to be done, I think there are two
problems with this approach :
- first, no one has been informed about this modification
- second, fixing an issue by creating a new one is not a solution.

I'm not blaming anyone here, I just think that when someone is facing
such an issue, creating a JIRA is necessary to get everyone informed
about the problem, and giving someone an opportunity to track the
problem and eventually fix it.

I'll create the JIRA now.

Thanks !

--