directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] [Model] What was the reason for removing the schema entity interfaces like AttributeType?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:20:12 GMT
On 3/9/11 3:02 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> On 3/9/11 2:29 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>
>>>   wrote:
>>>
>>>   Let's be exact here. Are you saying that you were crucified?
>>> You seem to be saying this too frequently and on public mailing lists for
>>> me
>>> to ignore. The same insinuation last occurring over some IP issue I
>>> discovered with a release. Again crucification was the word used. So
>>> either
>>> stop the passive aggressive insinuations or just say what you're thinking
>>> directly: I'm more than willing to work with you to be as gentle as you
>>> want
>>> me to be with you.
>>>
>> Alex, please *stop* being paranoid.
>>

> OK this is yet another insinuation. I don't appreciate then. In a dry non
> accusatory fashion I should be able to point out technical trends made by
> developers here that are not help us. This should not insight these kinds of
> insinuations period.
It was not an insinuation, you *are* getting paranoid from time to time,
and trust me, this is fucking boring. I'm tired of such a behavior, and
I'm not the only one. Swallow it, or control this behavior.

You were the one bringing this discussion to the dev mailing list, and
that's a problem. Now, I can't either ignore it.

>> This was a general sentence targeting no one, as your initial mail
>> contained a similar one :
>>
>> "...I'm not blaming anyone here so please don't get the wrong idea..."
>>
>> At some point, you have to realize that you are working in a community
>> where most of us are not native english speakers, and that reflects in the
>> sentence we use and the word we pick to express an idea.
>>

> OK we gotta stop using the lack of not being native speakers as an issue.
>
> I don't like this excessively sensitive situation here where we have to keep
> quite when something wrong happens in the code. It's something that will
> inhibit progress in the end.

<SNIP/>

>> If I have to call someone specifically names, I have some way to express
>> that feeling. Look at my first sentence, for instance.
>>

> OK say it was general. Forget for now my taking it as if it were directed
> towards me. But even generally it's making people in the community think
> something is not right.

*if* only you weren't bringing what you thought was a personal attack on
the dev list, people around it weren't asking themselves if the
community is sane, or not.

<snip the remaining non-sense>

Now, either we stop these stupid and useless discussion here, and
consider that it was just a blurb of BS, or we continue. I haven't
started it, and I don't want to continue either. I'm just fed up.

Have a nice day.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,