directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serializers
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:51:08 GMT
I was a bit optimistic saying that we should merge the serializers with
the classes that are operating on : the problem is that if we do that,
we will have to call methods like :
DefaultEntryAttribute.serialize()

Not very convenient. I think it's probably better to have an
EntryAtrributeSerializer helper class instead of static methods in
classes. As a matter of fact, for Entry, we may have bigger trouble :
should the methods be injected into DefaultEntry ? Or ClonedServerEntry
?  Or ImmutableEntry ? Or ClonedServerEntrySearch ? ...

See what I mean, I guess.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,