directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Serializers
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:58:09 GMT
Hi guys,

Last week, I started to rewrite the serializers, creating some dedicated
classes for each element needing to be serialized.

Each class contains a serialize()/deserialize() method.

I'm now wondering if it wound't be better to simply move those static
classes into the main classes being serialized/deserialized. Alex does
think so, and I'm on line whith his option.

The reason why I created an additional class was to avoid modifying the
main classes. Also not that the class implementing Externalizable will
call those dedicated methods.

Thoughts ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message