directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Pb with mvn eclipse:eclipse and -Dintegration
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:18:13 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On 18 mars 2011, at 15:02, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm facing some painful problem with the last modifications made on the build system
: as the shared-integ is now depending on the -Dintegration profile to be present to be executed,
if you forget to provide this profile when doing a mvn eclipse:eclipse, the .classpath is
not generated correctly.

> So now, to get all the module correctly imported in eclipse, you have to do :
> mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dintegration
>
> Although I understand that it was mandatory to add this profile to get the site generated
and the release to be done, I think there are two problems with this approach :
> - first, no one has been informed about this modification

This has been discussed in this thread on the ML [1]. You probably didn't see it.

> - second, fixing an issue by creating a new one is not a solution.

I don't think it created an issue, it's just something you need to know before generating
Eclipse files.
Now, I understand it can become a problem when you're used to doing something else for a long
time, and having to specify to specify a specific profile can also be counter-intuitive.

> I'm not blaming anyone here, I just think that when someone is facing such an issue,
creating a JIRA is necessary to get everyone informed about the problem, and giving someone
an opportunity to track the problem and eventually fix it.

I think we can rollback on the specific profile creation and go back with old system where
everything was generated without the need to add a specific profile.
We'd then have to try to find another fix for the site generation issue which will block further
releases.

> I'll create the JIRA now.
>
> Thanks !

Regards,