directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:18:24 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On 7 mars 2011, at 22:11, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> Sure.
>
> I wanted to fix the legal issues, but I think I won't have time to
> work on it before next weekend, and event then I'm not sure, sorry.

Do you remember what kind of issues it was?
I thought we had already fixed legal issues with the release of M1 and the various additions
of 3rd parties licenses and attributions in the Notice files.

> Another thing to check is that the distribution packages include all
> dependencies.

Yeah, that's also something I wanted to test before the release. Especially a standard logging
implementation like Log4J (letting the ability to be replaced by another specific implementation
if users prefer some other).

> A last thing is that I'm confused about that new
> shared-ldap-client-all module which shades lot of shared modules but
> also 3rd party dependencies. I don't see what it is good for.

I agree, shading all shared modules is a good idea but I'm not so sure about 3rd parties dependencies
too.
I guess the resulting jar should contain "shared"-only classes.

I'll look into that if it's ok with everyone.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Kind regards
> Stefan
>

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I was just wondering it wouldn't be a good time to schedule the M2 release.
>>
>> Heavy refactoring have been done since the last M1 milestone, trunk is pretty stable
now and the current activity is pretty low.

>> Before starting a new phase of heavy coding, it might be a good idea to get the M2
release in the hands of our users.