On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

So we get a building trunk as of today.

We can now move to the next step. There is some cleanup to do in the code we injected last week, as we were hurrying to get something that works. Here is a list of tasks to complete :
- Review the CodecService usage

+1

- Remove the CodecService from the DSML grammars

+1 and some other areas:

Where we create new DefaultLdapCodecService instances?

shared-ldap-client-api     => LdapNetworkConnection <initialization>

   - needed

apacheds-core                  => DefaultDirectoryService.initialize()

   - needed

apacheds-core-api           => LdapCoreSessionConnection() <initialization>

   - totally unnecessary: the DirectoryService can be used to get a handle

shared-dsmlv2-parser     => Dsmlv2Grammar <initialization>

   - unnecessary

shared-dsmlv2-parser     => Dsmlv2ResponseGrammar <initialization>

shared-ldap                       => LdapEncoder <initialization>

   - review

studio-connection.core    => CursorStudioNamingEnumeration <initialization>

   - unnecessary

studio-ldapbrowser.core => ExportDsmlRunnable <initialization>

   - unnecessary

studio-ldapbrowser.core => ImportDsmlRunnable <initialization>

   - unnecessary

Can review again after dust settles to get this organized correctly.

- Rename the *I*xxx interfaces

I don't like this Ixxx interface naming but it did help in many places to my surprise. It for example narrows searching for an interface to implement a great deal because of the I in front. I think it should be considered - at least we need definitive consensus on whether to go with it or not.

I can go either way - I just don't think this should be turned into a "oh no not again this converstation." Our situation in releasing an API warrants it one last time at most.

- Review the contol encoding (we need to avoid a double call to the computeLength() method)

Yep and we need to make sure we're not double wrapping with decorators.

- Add the missing Javadocs

+1

- Relome the duplicated fields

+1

Once done, we will have some refactoring to do :
- move the controls in one single package (right now, they are spread in any places)

+1

I can push a separate thread on this matter since it might distract from the high level discussion we have here.

- check that we have a clear separation between teh API and the SPI (the extended operation might be a problem here)

+1

What's been done for controls need to be done for extended operations.

- review the API

+1

Last, not least, the PasswordPolicy tests have been ignored, we shoumd move them to server-integ and make them work.

+1

We need to get all server tests out of core and core-api. There are many of them.

Alex