I've been tied up with other issues but I'm trying to get up-to-date with the ADS project.

I've been skimming the messages on this list as they've been coming out and really appreciate the major effort to re-factor the code to a more meaningful and consistent form.

Just now I did an SVN checkout of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/branches/m1 as I understand that this branch is expected to be the path forward.

I've installed Maven 3.0.2 and after the successful checkout I tried "mvn install -DskipTests" since I understand that the tests have not yet been brought up to date.

Sadly the build failed with:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /home/rfeezel/ADSm1/src/shared/ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/controls/replication/SyncStateValueControlTest.java:[37,67] package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.control.replication does not exist
[ERROR] /home/rfeezel/ADSm1/src/shared/ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/controls/replication/SyncInfoValueControlTest.java:[35,80] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ISyncInfoValue
location: package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.replication.syncInfoValue
[ERROR] /home/rfeezel/ADSm1/src/shared/ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/controls/replication/SyncInfoValueControlTest.java:[37,67] package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.control.replication does not exist
[ERROR] /home/rfeezel/ADSm1/src/shared/ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/controls/replication/SyncRequestValueControlTest.java:[38,67] package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.control.replication does not exist
[ERROR] /home/rfeezel/ADSm1/src/shared/ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/controls/replication/SyncStateValueControlTest.java:[76,22] cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable SyncStateTypeEnum
location: class org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.replication.SyncStateValueControlTest

and many other errors.

My question is, is it too early to expect this branch to compile regularly?

My general practice using a subversion repository is to push updates only when I know that they at least compile,  even if not well tested.  Perhaps the group has a different philosophy, especially when working in a branch.

Some guidance on what to expect would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Richard M Feezel
rfeezel@gmail.com