Ok, I've done a checkout of trunk and "mvn install -DskipTests" was successful.

Curiously, after doing "mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse" I imported the projects into Eclipse and I get this error:
Access restriction: The type AuthorizationData is not accessible due to restriction on required library /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_21/jre/lib/rt.jar    KdcReqBody.java    /apacheds-kerberos-codec/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/kerberos/components    line 211    Java Problem

Is this reference to a sun-specific class going to be removed in future work?  If not, how do I address this problem?

Thanks.