On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

after the cleanup done yesterday, here is the current status on the build.

[INFO] ApacheDS Core Integration ......................... SUCCESS [3:32.679s]
[INFO] ApacheDS Server Integration ....................... FAILURE [2:37.220s]
Failed tests:
 testPsearchModify(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchModifyDn(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchDelete(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchAdd(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchModifyWithEC(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchModifyDnWithEC(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchDeleteWithEC(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchAddWithEC(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
 testPsearchAddModifyEnabledWithEC(org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT)
Tests run: 294, Failures: 9, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 154.472 sec <<< FAILURE!

I'm investigating those tests today, but I do think we are really close to have a trunk building back !!

This is awesome news/

Some general thoughts :
Inside the server, we use new xxxImpl() when we create responses. I was thinking it was a bad idea, and that we should create some decorators instead, but I was wrong. Decorators are added anyway later in the process.
However, we should *never* do things like :
if ( req instanceof BindRequestImpl )
This is *bad* !

More fixes to come later.

I have a long list of things one of which is the way we're dealing with messages. I did not want to go into these while we were scrambling to get the build back on track.

Perhaps today we can branch and start working on cleaning up after this refactoring:

(1) Cleanup organization in general minor package and name related refactoring.
(2) Document what's missing
(3) Get test coverage in new code up to levels we like
(4) Minor refactoring to lessen dependencies and cleanup some miss use like for example where we instantiate this DefaultLdapCodecService in some places. Things like this.
(5) Tackle some of the larger issues in the way we use and create message objects.

At any point during this process we should sync up with trunk knowing of course that everything is stable.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Alex