directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: shared M1 release, or not ?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:42:08 GMT
+1

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 9 févr. 2011, at 14:37, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> 
>> we have had a convo yesterday night with Alex about the current shared M1
>> state. We mainly talked about the need for a release now, or later. Let me
>> give you some feedback about what we discussed.
>> 
>> Fist of all, Alex thinks that we still have one or 2 weeks of work to
>> cleanup shared. I agree. He also told me that if we decide to go for a
>> release now, he will 0+ it.
>> 
>> Alex defined a plan for a shared 1.0-m1 release
>> (http://old.nabble.com/-Shared--Release-plan-for-1.0-m1-td30865575.html) and
>> also a roadmap for a m2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSHARED-84)
>> 
>> Stefan has done some major cleanup in tooling projects, and updated the
>> poms.
>> 
>> I'd like get your opinion about this, to know if we release, or if we
>> postpone. Stefan, as you took the RM role, I think you are probably the one
>> who can start a vote if we think it's ok.
>> 
>> Note that I'm *not* pushing for such a release, but it may also be a good
>> thing to test the release process. In any case, It's certainly a very
>> preliminary release, we have a hell lot of work to do in order to get a RC1
>> and more specifically a 1.0-GA out, as we have close to no documentation...
>> 
>> wdyt ?
> 
> I'd also do a release for the reason to test the release process. I
> wanted to start the release when the JUnit Add-ons are released (in
> one hour) and available at maven central.
> 
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan


Mime
View raw message