directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Release fo shared
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:03:50 GMT
On 10 févr. 2011, at 11:14, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Note : this thread deserves to be on a public mailing list. Moved it there.
>
> On 2/10/11 10:53 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> Yes Felix, I agree.
>>
>> I run the release process till item 6 of [3] which went smooth.
>>
>> But I found some issues, so I may rollback and run it again:
>> - In LICENSE we list the Bouncy Castle license, however I don't find a
>> reference where we use it in shared. So we should remove it from
>> LICENSE.
> BC is used in apacheds, not anymore in shared. We replaced the classes (DER stuff) we
copied from BC code last november.

>> - The RAT report lists one file: file-review.txt. I think that file
>> isn't helpful any more because many files were moved around. Can we
>> remove it?
> rm file-review.txt
>
>> - The shared-all jar includes all transitive dependencies (slf4j,
>> antlr, etc.), but the LICENSE and NOTICE files are not correct, that
>> needs to be fixed.
>
> +1
>> Another question:
>> Which artifacts do we ant to release to http://www.apache.org/dist/directory?
>> - None?
>> - Only the source (the new org.apache:apache:8 POM configures the
>> assembly plugin to generate a source-release zip [4])
>> - Source and binary
>
> IMO, source and binary. Note that it's good for shared, not for Studio or ADS : installers
should not be injected in the repo, AFAIU.

Actually we've never released any Shared artifacts on http://www.apache.org/dist/directory.
It has always only been released on the Maven repositories (and inside other releases like
ApacheDS or Studio).

For the LDAP Client API, it's different.
We only released one version (0.1) and we offer archive (zip and tar.gz) and sources downloads
on the website [1].
The archive contained all the needed jars to use the LDAP Client API:
  - jcl-over-slf4j-1.5.10.jar
  - ldap-client-api-0.1.jar
  - shared-all-0.9.18.jar
  - slf4j-api-1.5.10.jar
  - slf4j-log4j12-1.5.10.jar

Maybe we need to do something equivalent now that the API is included in Shared.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html