directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steven" <Steven.Hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: IPV6
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:06:33 GMT
We have done testing and IPV6 is working great in version 1.5.3.  Company IT has implemented
IPV6 and it just keeps working.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:03 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: IPV6

On 2/1/11 9:07 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As we all know, IPv4 will run out in the next weeks/months/year ...
> Is ApacheDS already IPv6 ready?
This has to be checked. However, it should not be an issue, as most of
the LDAP servers are generally running in a private zone in company ITs,
not in public zones.

> Do we need to keep this in mind when doing the refactoring now?
I don't think so. The best would be to create a JIRA to remember
checking this aspect before the release.

> At least I saw hardcoded localhost (127.0.0.1) IP addresses in the
> code...
Such address is not an issue.

--
Regards,