directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shared 1.0.0-M1 and JUnit Add-ons 0.1
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:40:43 GMT
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
> The NOTICE file in the distribution packages says:
> "Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable are
> present in the distribution/src/main/release/licenses or
> licenses directory."
> This is not right, I can't find any licences under the mentioned path.
> Licenses in the distributions can be found at "licences".
>
> I think this can also be fix in next release.

For the "bin" packages the "licenses" directory is directly next to
the "NOTICE" file.

For the "src" packages the "licenses" directory is below
"distribution/src/main/release".

I added both paths into the NOTICE file. But I agree that's confusing.
But for sure it's better to put the "licenses" directory always next
to the "NOTICE" file. I'll change that.

Kind Regards,
Stefan