directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Control package changes
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:14:11 GMT
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> Create new packages for extra controls, the 2nd class of optional
> controls of which we have the following for replication and ppolicy:
>
> PasswordPolicy
> SyncDoneValue
> SyncInfoValue
> SyncModifyDn
> SyncRequestValue
> SyncStateValue

I just wonder why those controls are named "...Value"? Sorry if this
was already discussed and I missed it.

> Bases:
> [PRIVATE PACKAGES]
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.extended.impl
>
> Subpackages:
> [PRIVATE PACKAGES]
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.ppolicy
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncInfoValue
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncDoneValue
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncRequestValue
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncStateValue
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncModifyDn

Do we really need different packages for all the SyncRepl controls?
When reading RFC 4533 the syncInfoValue is not a control, but the
value of an immediate response message. Should it be put to the
'contols' package then?

Kind Regards,
Stefan