directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Control package changes
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:37:19 GMT
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> in the m1 branch, I have moved around some classes related to controls. Here
> are those changes :
> - in the model, all the controls are in one package,
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.controls.

Excellent. This is where we put the standard controls we'll offer out
of the box keeping the POJIs and POJOs for the controls here.

I did the same in
> the codec package : all the controls will be stored into
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls
> - However, I have kept the groups (search, replication) for some of the
> controls. Lt me know if it makes sense (I'd like to remove those groups, I
> don't think they make any sense)
>
> wdyt ?

Here's what I was going to do last night before my collapse:

Create new packages for extra controls, the 2nd class of optional
controls of which we have the following for replication and ppolicy:

PasswordPolicy
SyncDoneValue
SyncInfoValue
SyncModifyDn
SyncRequestValue
SyncStateValue

The package base for all these optional (Class II extensions) will start off at:

     org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras

As y'all know we have extension (Control and Exteded Op)
sub-interfaces and implementation POJOs these will be here:

[PUBLIC PACKAGES]
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.extended

We will have an ldap-extras bundle that will export these packages.
For now since we do not have so many controls and extended operations
I did not break these apart into different packages. All controls and
extended operations for now will go into these packages.

The implementations for these extensions
(decorators,grammars,factories etc) will go into these packages but
unlike the one pkg for all pattern we can break it apart into
sub-packages in this implementation area:

Bases:
[PRIVATE PACKAGES]
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.extended.impl

Subpackages:
[PRIVATE PACKAGES]
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.ppolicy
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncInfoValue
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncDoneValue
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncRequestValue
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncStateValue
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.impl.syncModifyDn

WDYT?

Thanks,
Alex