directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 02:26:45 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/9/11 8:08 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> It's already in Maven Central, so I guess it's too late:
>>>
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/junit/junit-addons/0.1/
>>
>> The world's not going to come to an end. We've learned a lesson and we
>> sure will NOT do it again next time. We're also very rushed and things
>> like this happen when you rush. We need to relax. We're here to have
>> fun, not to feel like we screwed up.
>>
>> BTW I just saw your last email with apology:
>>
>>     "Ok, I'll prepare the shared release. Sorry for the mess."
>>
>> I must apologize as well I voted +1 when you asked about this in
>> October. Should have paid more attention then. I thought the
>> junit-addons like skins (for only our site) and checkstyle (for only
>> our project) had no code, just configs or css. Then saw the code being
>> copied into it. Anyways I'm sorry I let up my guard. I'll try to be
>> harder.
>>
>> FWIW, you are not personally at fault. Don't beat yourself over the
>> head. This is a failure of the whole PMC. Let's note what happened,
>> rectify and move on. No big deal, everyone had good intentions and
>> apparently we were all one way or another misinformed.
>>
>> It's funny how anal the ASF gets about this stuff and apparently for
>> good very reason! See how we slid right into the situation? We were
>> all relatively unaware of it happening too. Perhaps this TLP POM
>> release expedition procedure opened the door for it.
>
> Hey, no need to prepare the nails, the whip and the pieces of wood to
> crucify someone :)

Who am I crucifying exactly? I think I went out my way to make sure we
all shared the slip up instead of a single individual, which is in
fact the case. These kinds of of comments above do not add any value
to the conversation.

> The PMC is in charge, we are the PMC, we have made a
> mistake, let's not reproduce it, that's it.

That's the same conclusion I came to. Why are you going here?

We need to be accountable, learn from the mistake and move on. I'm not
disagreeing with you. You're probably not reading what I write
thoroughly.

> We are confident that what has been released is probably correct, let's
> review it, and if it' sincorrect we can releae it again. What is important
> is the process we have to follow in the future.

Again this has been said. We all agree.

>> Maybe it's not right WDYT?
>
> No, I think the 4h delay for the 'project' project fits.
>
> Ok, let's move on :)

You suggesting that I am fixating?

Regardless, there's another private thread on this matter. The issue
is settled, with a clear action plan after the 72 hour vote . Please
read it carefully and let's avoid accusing people of excessively
fixating can we? "This is no big deal," I said that 3  times in my
last email. Why is that just not registering?

Regards,
Alex