directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] [SCM] Thinking about some hierarchy in shared.
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:22:58 GMT
Ooops premature e-mail send. ...

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/28/11 1:02 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> Hi Emmanuel,

SNIP ...

>> The archetype module? It contains some Maven archetypes for rapidly
>> setting up new extension oriented maven projects. Like for example an
>> archetype to start a new control project or a new ext req/resp pair.
>
> Ahh, ok. Call it maven-archetype, then, it would be more explicit.

Can do that but then it will be in the name. Nesting is causing longer
artifact names so I was trying to conserve.

>>> Seems ok to me, more or less, but I think we should reorganize after M2.
>>
>> I don't see a benefit before or after M2. Just curious though why you
>> want to do this after M2? If you have a preference we can cater to
>> that.
>
> Not a big deal, trying to connect the two mails you sent, was thinking you
> wanted to get M2 out now.

Yeah the reorg can be done in 2 hours. I was thinking of doing it
before merging into the milestones branch, and before asking Pierre to
help with fixing up Studio.

> Sorry for the short answers, I'm a bit busy dealing with real life atm.

No worries at all.

Thanks,
Alex