directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Release plan for 1.0-m1
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:09:40 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Now with this check pointed merge back to trunks which is about to happen in
>> 15-20 minutes after some super clean, build, test, run of studio etc, we can
>> release shared 1.0-m1 if y'all like. Here's a release plan that Pierre and I
>> discussed:
>> (0) confirm a stable build in trunk with merge
>> (1) commit merge back to trunk
>> (2) assign release manager
>> (3) modify pom's for new 1.0-m1 version
>> (4) confirm stability
>
> I did #3 and #4 yesterday.
>
> The version has been modified to 1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT, see parallel thread.
>
> Shared, apacheds, and studio builds went fine. ApacheDS started up
> (using apaches/service/apachds.sh script). Studio started up (using
> studio/application/application-macosx-x86_64), About dialog shows
> shared bundles in version 1.0.0.M1-SNAPSHOT. Hudson builds are also
> stable. I downloaded apacheds-1.5.8-SNAPSHOT.zip and Downloaded
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-macosx-x86_64-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip, both startup.
>
> I'll now continue according to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Releasing+Shared

I run the process till step 5.

But I found some issues, so we need to rollback, fix, and run it again:
- In LICENSE we list the Bouncy Castle license, however I don't find a
reference where we use it in shared. So we should remove it from
LICENSE.
- The RAT report lists one file: file-review.txt. I think that file
isn't helpful any more because many files were moved around. Can we
remove it?
- The shared-all jar includes all transitive dependencies (slf4j,
antlr, etc.), but the LICENSE and NOTICE files are not correct, that
needs to be fixed.

Another question:
Which artifacts do we ant to release to http://www.apache.org/dist/directory?
- None?
- Only the source (the new org.apache:apache:8 POM configures the
assembly plugin to generate a source-release zip [4])
- Source and binary

Kind Regards,
Stefan