directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VCS] Subversion clutter reduction
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:18:47 GMT
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> We seem to have a lot of high level projects/components appearing [0].
> Perhaps we can consolidate some of them.
> We might have a top level site/manuals/documentation area where
> apacheds-manuals can go. Other manuals may arrise as well. Seems samples and
> skins can go under manuals?
> We have a number of build tooling and resource projects as well as a
> resources under the project project [1].
> How about consolidating a little like so?
> Manuals/Documentation:
>   - apacheds-manuals
>   - samples
>   - skins
> Resources
>   - [1]
>   - checkstyle-configurations
> Tooling:
>   - studio-plugin
>   - junit-addons
> Triplesec => Deceased ?
> Thoughts?

I'd rather avoid the extra 'Resources' and put all under 'Tooling':
- studio-plugin
- junit-addons
- checkstyle-configurations
- skins
- resources from [1]
- (maybe later installers-maven-plugin?)

Regarding the 'Tooling' name, I'm afraid that one could think Tooling
== Studio, so I'd propose to just reuse the 'buildtools' folder.

Kind Regards,
Stefan