directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 18:29:21 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Thinking it twice, yeah, I'm also afraid you're right Alex.
> This vote should probably have needed a longer and more formal vote.

No big deal. Let's think about the best way to handle this rapidly.
Perhaps a single vote after preparing shared, including the junit
addons project as a dependency to be released. You suggested this way
below in your hint. This is best I think than moving the junit stuff
but then again the junit stuff is "shared" so either way we choose
it's OK.

> I guess the artifacts have already been promoted from Nexus to the Maven repository now.
> What should we do about it?

I don't know how the nexus works but there must be a mechanism to
cancel it or mark it as invalid. Is there a way?

> Another hint: To avoid two 72 hour periods I think we can also vote several related projects
at once.
> Like we used to do with Studio when a release of Shared was also required.

Yep either way we choose sounds right to me. We just need the formal
vote kick off with the 72 hour grace period for THE PACKAGE :-). Let's
call it m1 with dependencies.