directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Thoughts on an M2 release?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:56:00 GMT
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
> wrote:

SNIP ...

> I also think we should split up the adsconfig schema. Atm it contains
> schema elements for configuring everything: interceptors,
> authenticators, partitions, servers, etc. Whenever extending the
> server the adsconfig schema needs to be updated. It would be nice if
> each extension (interceptor, partition, server, etc.) would contain
> everything to configure itself (schema elements, configuration beans,
> builder to wire beans).

This is exactly one of the main reasons why I want to go to OSGi based
schema loading. That way new schema elements can be loaded in by the
components themselves to maintain their own configuration.

When configurations change with new versions, then schema elements can
change to update how they're configured. Everything becomes real tight this
way.

Regards,
Alex