directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:08:09 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>>> Thinking it twice, yeah, I'm also afraid you're right Alex.
>>> This vote should probably have needed a longer and more formal vote.
>>>
>>> I guess the artifacts have already been promoted from Nexus to the Maven repository
now.
>>> What should we do about it?
>>
>> Yes, I already promoted the artifacts. I'll ask infra if they can stop it.
>
> It's already in Maven Central, so I guess it's too late:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/junit/junit-addons/0.1/

The world's not going to come to an end. We've learned a lesson and we
sure will NOT do it again next time. We're also very rushed and things
like this happen when you rush. We need to relax. We're here to have
fun, not to feel like we screwed up.

BTW I just saw your last email with apology:

    "Ok, I'll prepare the shared release. Sorry for the mess."

I must apologize as well I voted +1 when you asked about this in
October. Should have paid more attention then. I thought the
junit-addons like skins (for only our site) and checkstyle (for only
our project) had no code, just configs or css. Then saw the code being
copied into it. Anyways I'm sorry I let up my guard. I'll try to be
harder.

FWIW, you are not personally at fault. Don't beat yourself over the
head. This is a failure of the whole PMC. Let's note what happened,
rectify and move on. No big deal, everyone had good intentions and
apparently we were all one way or another misinformed.

It's funny how anal the ASF gets about this stuff and apparently for
good very reason! See how we slid right into the situation? We were
all relatively unaware of it happening too. Perhaps this TLP POM
release expedition procedure opened the door for it.

Maybe it's not right WDYT?

It sure does come in handy though. Hate to see it go. I'd like to keep
it personally but if others think its no good we can nix it.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Alex