directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concurrent classes in junit-addons
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 09:32:39 GMT
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> I found something over at stackoverflow to define different compile
> versions for main and test code [4], I'll test that.

Obviously that won't work because JDK5 doesn't have a Java6 compiler.

So what I would suggest is to copy the classes from [5] with the
original package names and license/copyright headers to our
junit-addons module. As the classes have the ALv2 license header we
are safe to copy them. An advantage is that once we switch to Java6 we
can drop those classes and use the com.mycila:mycila-junit dependency.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[5] http://code.google.com/p/mycila/source/browse/mycila-junit/tags/mycila-junit-1.0.ga/src/main/java/com/mycila/junit/concurrent

> [4] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1213897/different-maven-compiler-versions-for-test-and-main
>
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> How deep is this used in ApacheDS?
>> Is it only to have JUnit tests run in multithreaded mode?
>> Would this also impact the ApacheDS distributions and prevent them from running on
Java 5?