directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shared M1 release, or not ?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:37:03 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we have had a convo yesterday night with Alex about the current shared M1
> state. We mainly talked about the need for a release now, or later. Let me
> give you some feedback about what we discussed.
>
> Fist of all, Alex thinks that we still have one or 2 weeks of work to
> cleanup shared. I agree. He also told me that if we decide to go for a
> release now, he will 0+ it.
>
> Alex defined a plan for a shared 1.0-m1 release
> (http://old.nabble.com/-Shared--Release-plan-for-1.0-m1-td30865575.html) and
> also a roadmap for a m2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSHARED-84)
>
> Stefan has done some major cleanup in tooling projects, and updated the
> poms.
>
> I'd like get your opinion about this, to know if we release, or if we
> postpone. Stefan, as you took the RM role, I think you are probably the one
> who can start a vote if we think it's ok.
>
> Note that I'm *not* pushing for such a release, but it may also be a good
> thing to test the release process. In any case, It's certainly a very
> preliminary release, we have a hell lot of work to do in order to get a RC1
> and more specifically a 1.0-GA out, as we have close to no documentation...
>
> wdyt ?

I'd also do a release for the reason to test the release process. I
wanted to start the release when the JUnit Add-ons are released (in
one hour) and available at maven central.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Mime
View raw message