directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:34:53 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to release the first version of our JUnit Add-ons.
>
> The JUnit Add-ons contain helpers for concurrent unit test that are
> used only internally.
>
> Please note that it includes source files copied from [3], licensed
> under ALv2. According to [4] the original copyright notice and license
> header is unchanged. Attribution has been added to NOTICE and LICENSE
> file.
>
> The tag can be found at [1], the staging repository can be found at [2].
>
> I'll continue to release the staging repository after the grace period
> of 4 hours.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
>

> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/buildtools/junit-addons/tags/0.1/
> [2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-046/
> [3] http://code.google.com/p/mycila/source/browse/mycila-junit/tags/mycila-junit-1.0.ga/src/main/java/com/mycila/junit/concurrent
> [4] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

Hold on a second. We need a formal vote on this!

The 4 hour exception to the 72 hour vote process is just for the TLP
pom. The TLP pom does not have the same legal requirements as a
standard src/bin release artifact.

https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/top-level-pom-management-policy.html

There needs to be a review of the release artifact and the 72 vote
period is mandatory. I'm really sorry to say this but we have to roll
back this release and follow the standard operating procedures.

Thanks,
Alex