directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Release plan for 1.0-m1
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:49:08 GMT
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Now with this check pointed merge back to trunks which is about to happen in
> 15-20 minutes after some super clean, build, test, run of studio etc, we can
> release shared 1.0-m1 if y'all like. Here's a release plan that Pierre and I
> discussed:
> (0) confirm a stable build in trunk with merge
> (1) commit merge back to trunk
> (2) assign release manager
> (3) modify pom's for new 1.0-m1 version
> (4) confirm stability
> (5) tag, kick off vote
> (6) if vote passes, release
> (7) merge back trunk changes with 1.0-m2-SNAPSHOT version into m1
> (8) rename m1 branches to m2
> In the meantime right after step #1 we can still continue work on stage II
> in the m1 branch.

Before a shared release we need to release three other artifactes:
- project: with updated plugin versions
- checkstyle-configuration: currently a snapshot is used
- junit-addons: currently a snapshot is used

So let's start with them, then we'll see the progress of the m1 branch.

Kind Regards,
Stefan