directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Shared] Decoupling SchemaObjects and SchemaManager/Registries classes
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:21:34 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to use the SchemaManager in Shared as a replacement to the existing classes
duplicating this functionality in Studio's Schema Editor.

I successfully managed to integrate it within the plugin.
However there are a few bugs/missing features I will need to address in the SchemaManager
to make it work perfectly (I already started with a better handling of schema checking exception).

While I was doing this, I noticed a strong coupling between the SchemaObject classes (AttributeType,
ObjectClass, etc.) and the SchemaManager/Registries classes, with code related to schema checking
in the SchemaObject classes themselves.
I think we should avoid this and move the code back to either SchemaManager or Registries.
It would help if we need to isolate the model into a separate module.

I'll try to work on that today, if there's no objection.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud