directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] [SCM] Thinking about some hierarchy in shared.
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:54:05 GMT
On 2/28/11 1:02 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>      ldap/
>>>          codec/
>>>          model/
>>>          schema/
>>>          schema-converter/
>> wouldn't it be better to make it a sub-module ?
> Yes these are all sub modules.
I mean, schema-convertor as a sub-model under schema/
>>>          client-api/
>>>          codec-standalone/
>>>          all/
>> Shouldn't it be a separated module ?
> Hmm I don't quite understand you here. These are all separate modules
> broken down for better hierarchical organization. Could you be a bit
> more specific, I want to make sure I understand you fully.
The 'all' module shoudl'nt it be moved at the top level ?

What is this module about ?

> The archetype module? It contains some Maven archetypes for rapidly
> setting up new extension oriented maven projects. Like for example an
> archetype to start a new control project or a new ext req/resp pair.
Ahh, ok. Call it maven-archetype, then, it would be more explicit.

>> Seems ok to me, more or less, but I think we should reorganize after M2.
> I don't see a benefit before or after M2. Just curious though why you
> want to do this after M2? If you have a preference we can cater to
> that.
Not a big deal, trying to connect the two mails you sent, was thinking
you wanted to get M2 out now.

Sorry for the short answers, I'm a bit busy dealing with real life atm.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,