directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject SchemaManager usage
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 23:10:30 GMT
Hi guys,

today, I continued to document the Dn class. I did it on the confluence
wiki, as I have a tool to export a confluence docuemnt to a docBook
format, which is way more convenient than typing text in XML...

Here is the current doco about Dn :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRAPI/DN+API

Feel free to review, and fix it.

Ok, that being said, this is a very interesting exercise, as it forces
you to use the API and to think like a user. And what we have is not
really perfect :/

I'm currently trying to leverage the SchemaManager in Dn, which somehow
forced me to create a DefaultSchemaManager INSTANCE static field, which
loads the default schemas (those that are enabled by default). Now,
creating a schema aware DN is just a matter of calling :

Dn dn = new Dn( DefaultSchemaManager.INSTANCE, "dc=example, dc=com");

Works great. Sadly, I had to move the Dn tests out of the
shared-ldap-model otherwise there would be no way to use the
SchemaManager instance, as it's declared in another module. So I moved
it to shared-integ (all in all, I think it's the right place for tests
anyway).

I'm now going a step further and move some other tests that requires a
SchemaManager to shared-integ.

I'll keep you in the loop, but feel free to comment.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,