directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release fo shared
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:17:11 GMT
On 2/11/11 8:29 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

>>> +1
> Still to do.

I'm on it.
>>> IMO, source and binary. Note that it's good for shared, not for Studio or ADS
: installers should not be injected in the repo, AFAIU.
>> Actually we've never released any Shared artifacts on http://www.apache.org/dist/directory.
>> It has always only been released on the Maven repositories (and inside other releases
like ApacheDS or Studio).

>> For the LDAP Client API, it's different.
>> We only released one version (0.1) and we offer archive (zip and tar.gz) and sources
downloads on the website [1].
>> The archive contained all the needed jars to use the LDAP Client API:
>>   - jcl-over-slf4j-1.5.10.jar
>>   - ldap-client-api-0.1.jar
>>   - shared-all-0.9.18.jar
>>   - slf4j-api-1.5.10.jar
>>   - slf4j-log4j12-1.5.10.jar
>>
>> Maybe we need to do something equivalent now that the API is included in Shared.
>>
>> Thoughts?
> I agree that we should provide a zip and tar.gz with all required jars
> (for non-maven/ivy users). The question is if we need provide it now.
> IMO such a package should not be named 'shared' but 'ldap-api'.
That's a good point. My understanding is that now that shared is
OSGified, we can include our own versions of all the jars we depend on.

On the second aspect, I totally agree : the package name should be
ldap-api. This is easy to change.
> Also
> note that the current zip/tar.gz doesn't fulfill the Apache release
> requirements.
> A source package is required, but that's easy and already generated.
yeah, we just need to add a 'distribution' module. I'll add it this
afternoon.
> Please note that I can't continue with the outstanding issues and the
> release before tonight.

Np. I'll be around tonite if you need me.

Great job so far...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,