directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release fo shared
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:14:04 GMT
Note : this thread deserves to be on a public mailing list. Moved it there.

On 2/10/11 10:53 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Yes Felix, I agree.
>
> I run the release process till item 6 of [3] which went smooth.
>
> But I found some issues, so I may rollback and run it again:
> - In LICENSE we list the Bouncy Castle license, however I don't find a
> reference where we use it in shared. So we should remove it from
> LICENSE.
BC is used in apacheds, not anymore in shared. We replaced the classes
(DER stuff) we copied from BC code last november.

> - The RAT report lists one file: file-review.txt. I think that file
> isn't helpful any more because many files were moved around. Can we
> remove it?
rm file-review.txt

> - The shared-all jar includes all transitive dependencies (slf4j,
> antlr, etc.), but the LICENSE and NOTICE files are not correct, that
> needs to be fixed.

+1
> Another question:
> Which artifacts do we ant to release to http://www.apache.org/dist/directory?
> - None?
> - Only the source (the new org.apache:apache:8 POM configures the
> assembly plugin to generate a source-release zip [4])
> - Source and binary

IMO, source and binary. Note that it's good for shared, not for Studio
or ADS : installers should not be injected in the repo, AFAIU.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,