directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:51:16 GMT
On 2/10/11 3:26 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 2/9/11 8:08 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>>> The world's not going to come to an end. We've learned a lesson and we
>>> sure will NOT do it again next time. We're also very rushed and things
>>> like this happen when you rush. We need to relax. We're here to have
>>> fun, not to feel like we screwed up.
>>>
>>> BTW I just saw your last email with apology:
>>>
>>>      "Ok, I'll prepare the shared release. Sorry for the mess."
>>>
>>> I must apologize as well I voted +1 when you asked about this in
>>> October. Should have paid more attention then. I thought the
>>> junit-addons like skins (for only our site) and checkstyle (for only
>>> our project) had no code, just configs or css. Then saw the code being
>>> copied into it. Anyways I'm sorry I let up my guard. I'll try to be
>>> harder.
>>>
>>> FWIW, you are not personally at fault. Don't beat yourself over the
>>> head. This is a failure of the whole PMC. Let's note what happened,
>>> rectify and move on. No big deal, everyone had good intentions and
>>> apparently we were all one way or another misinformed.
>>>
>>> It's funny how anal the ASF gets about this stuff and apparently for
>>> good very reason! See how we slid right into the situation? We were
>>> all relatively unaware of it happening too. Perhaps this TLP POM
>>> release expedition procedure opened the door for it.
>> Hey, no need to prepare the nails, the whip and the pieces of wood to
>> crucify someone :)
> Who am I crucifying exactly? I think I went out my way to make sure we
> all shared the slip up instead of a single individual, which is in
> fact the case. These kinds of of comments above do not add any value
> to the conversation.
No, you got me wrong, or may be I was not clear enough. I was not
pointing out anyone here, I was just saying that we should not beat us
to death in this case. What you said was perfectly right and I just
wanted to push the same message, with a taint of humor ! Seems like I
miss the target :-)

Sometime some +1 are just enough...

--
Regards,