directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Add-ons 0.1 - take 2
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 22:42:19 GMT
On 2/9/11 8:08 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>  wrote:

>>> Yes, I already promoted the artifacts. I'll ask infra if they can stop it.
>> It's already in Maven Central, so I guess it's too late:
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/junit/junit-addons/0.1/
> The world's not going to come to an end. We've learned a lesson and we
> sure will NOT do it again next time. We're also very rushed and things
> like this happen when you rush. We need to relax. We're here to have
> fun, not to feel like we screwed up.
>
> BTW I just saw your last email with apology:
>
>      "Ok, I'll prepare the shared release. Sorry for the mess."
>
> I must apologize as well I voted +1 when you asked about this in
> October. Should have paid more attention then. I thought the
> junit-addons like skins (for only our site) and checkstyle (for only
> our project) had no code, just configs or css. Then saw the code being
> copied into it. Anyways I'm sorry I let up my guard. I'll try to be
> harder.
>
> FWIW, you are not personally at fault. Don't beat yourself over the
> head. This is a failure of the whole PMC. Let's note what happened,
> rectify and move on. No big deal, everyone had good intentions and
> apparently we were all one way or another misinformed.
>
> It's funny how anal the ASF gets about this stuff and apparently for
> good very reason! See how we slid right into the situation? We were
> all relatively unaware of it happening too. Perhaps this TLP POM
> release expedition procedure opened the door for it.
Hey, no need to prepare the nails, the whip and the pieces of wood to
crucify someone :) The PMC is in charge, we are the PMC, we have made a
mistake, let's not reproduce it, that's it.

We are confident that what has been released is probably correct, let's
review it, and if it' sincorrect we can releae it again. What is
important is the process we have to follow in the future.

> Maybe it's not right WDYT?
No, I think the 4h delay for the 'project' project fits.

Ok, let's move on :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,