directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject shared M1 release, or not ?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:14:06 GMT
Hi guys,

we have had a convo yesterday night with Alex about the current shared
M1 state. We mainly talked about the need for a release now, or later.
Let me give you some feedback about what we discussed.

Fist of all, Alex thinks that we still have one or 2 weeks of work to
cleanup shared. I agree. He also told me that if we decide to go for a
release now, he will 0+ it.

Alex defined a plan for a shared 1.0-m1 release
(http://old.nabble.com/-Shared--Release-plan-for-1.0-m1-td30865575.html)
and also a roadmap for a m2
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSHARED-84)

Stefan has done some major cleanup in tooling projects, and updated the
poms.

I'd like get your opinion about this, to know if we release, or if we
postpone. Stefan, as you took the RM role, I think you are probably the
one who can start a vote if we think it's ok.

Note that I'm *not* pushing for such a release, but it may also be a
good thing to test the release process. In any case, It's certainly a
very preliminary release, we have a hell lot of work to do in order to
get a RC1 and more specifically a 1.0-GA out, as we have close to no
documentation...

wdyt ?

--
Regards,