directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release JUnit Addons 0.1
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:33:40 GMT
On 2/9/11 10:19 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot<pa@marcelot.net>  wrote:
>> On 9 févr. 2011, at 09:53, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/9/11 1:11 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I'd like to release the first version of our JUnit Addons.
>>
>> The JUnit Addons contain helpers for concurrent unit test that are
>>
>> used only internally.
>>
>> Please note that it includes source files copied from [3], licensed
>>
>> under ALv2. According to [4] the original copyright notice and license
>>
>> header is unchanged.
>>
>> The tag can be found at [1], the staging repository can be found at [2].
>>
>> I'll continue to release the staging repository after the grace period
>>
>> of 4 hours.
>>
>> Just a question : has the NOTICE file been updated ?
>>
>> You mean because of the included com.mycila sources? No, it has not
>> been updated. From my understanding it is not required because the
>> original copyright notice wasn't modified and is still there in the
>> sources. Also the original code doesn't include a NOTICE file which
>> content needs to be copied to our NOTICE file.
>>
>> I think you're absolutely right, reading the docs you pointed out earlier
>> [1].
>> Maybe we could just add this kind of statement in the NOTICE file (just in
>> case):
>>
>> This product includes/uses software,
>> Mycila (http://code.google.com/p/mycila/),
>> developed by Mathieu Carbou (http://code.google.com/p/mycila/)
This is what I meant : to give attribution.

I also think we should add the following file :
http://code.google.com/p/mycila/source/browse/mycila-junit/tags/mycila-junit-1.0.ga/TODO.txt

(it's not exactly a TODO.txt file, but it contains a copyright
declaration, which should be present somewhere in the list of licenses
for the parts we use).

> Ok, I'll do. Thanks Pierre-Arnaud.

Thanks Stefan !

--