directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Last night's efforts
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:35:05 GMT
On 2/8/11 1:10 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Just wondering : wouldn't it be a good idea to release M1 as is, and
>> switching to M2 for felix integration ? That would mean I have to inject my
>> modifications into trunk, but that should not be a big problem.
>>
>> thoughts ?
> I thought this was what we agreed to do all along. Did something
> change? I think we made a comment that if we can progress in the m1
> branch further we can maybe merge again but that's only if it's
> stable.
>
> The felix stuff is not very stable right now. It's very odd in
> behavior so I'm not going to be comfortable with a merge for a while.
> All these additional cache directories and file locking makes the
> concurrent tests all fickle. I don't want Hudson freaking out with
> false positives either.

Ok, so we are just golden.

My fixes (warning removals) have been injected into m1, and I don't
think there is any urgency to have them merged back to trunk.

Let's release trunk as is, that would make the API available. We can
work in the m1 branch in the mean time, probably rename it to m2...

Thanks Alex !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,