directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues in M1 branch
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:26:13 GMT
Hi,

the added modules (ldap-extras and the underlying modules) are not
building when running mvn eclipse:eclipse. I don't know exactly what was
the intended relationship with the shared module, but in any case, the
dependencies versions are not inherited, nor they are present in the poms.

The problem when adding the version directly into the module is that it
becomes a real PITA to update all the instances where those jars are
used. So far, we successfully mitigated this issue by using properties
(${<artificat id name>.version)) which were defined in the top level
module (shared, apacheds). The plugins' version were also declared
uniquely in the project/pom.xml file, so they are global. Defining a
plugin version in a pom.xml is brittle, for the same reason.

Now, I don't have the full context to fix that, and it's a bit blocking
for me as I can't import the extras modules in eclipse, and I also have
some compilation failures. Not really an issue for tonite as I'm going
to crash soon, and we can fix that tomorrow.

I have more code to commit once these minor issues will be fixed.

nn all !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,