+1

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

we discussed about the release scheme this week, and reached a kind of agreement that the current release scheme is not a perfect fit.

One solution we agreed on would be to switch to use the Eclipse release scheme, which is the following :

Normal releases :
   major.minor.fixes where some API modification requires a major release, a feature addition requires a minor release, and the bug fixes leads to a fixes release

Before a major release :
   M1, M2, ... : as many milestones as necessary to converge to a API full and feature complete major version
   RC1, RC2, ... : as many release candidates as necessary to stabilize the major release, giving an opportunity for users to test the candidate, and for us to fix the errors.

We could also generate nightly builds adding a vAAAAMMJJ extension to those builds, as proposed by Jesse.

I propose a vote now, to see if everyone agrees with this schema change.

[ ] +1 Yes, change the release scheme as described above
[ ] +/-0 I don't have an opinion
[ ] -1 No, keep the current scheme or follow another scheme

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,