On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since you have eclipse plugins you ought to
>> build those with maven + tycho and have a similar and sane versioning
>> system.
>>

> I talked with Pierre about it. As a side point because of the way the build
> in Studio is setup, we're unable at this point to take advantage of IDE
> refactoring since dependencies are on bundle jars rather than on projects
> themselves. Do you know if using Maven + Tycho will help with this specific
> problem?
> I'm asking this because it might spare some work for us when we refactor
> shared which Studio depends on.

when I am working on the jetty wtp plugin I am able to have all 3
plugins open and refactor between them, I just let m2eclipse import
and do the right thing

the combination of m2eclipse + maven3 + tycho is quite nice

Ahh cool. PAM, and Seelman is this something you might want to try or leave out for later? I just cringe at the thought of your having to manually update Studio again after we reorg shared.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org