On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:27 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> Not referring to the SchemaUI bundle. In studio we have all of ApacheDS
> available in the embedded ApacheDS plugin bundle. This however is not
> visible outside because it's an OSGi bundle, however there's no reason why

Note I say "not visible outside" here.

> the DnNode class cannot be accessed in a similar fashion through the AP UI
> plugin bundle by having a dependency on core-api.
> Essentially studio already uses the entire server in the ApacheDS plugin.

It's not visible because the ApacheDS JARs are not added to the bundle
classpath.

See above.

Instead the ApacheDS plugin just extracts the entire server
to the file system and starts a new java process.

Right.

> What's the big deal in having another bundle depend on core-api for managing
> APs?

Pierre-Arnaud already added this (and other) ApacheDS artifacts, so
they are available as OSGi bundles.

Cool thanks Stefan.

--
Alex Karasulu