directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Should modifications made on cn=schema stored on disk ?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:44:23 GMT
Ooops,

Wrong thread...

Sorry...

On 14 janv. 2011, at 10:41, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Maven 3.0.2 installed.
>
> Same warnings...
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 14 janv. 2011, at 10:37, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

will not be saved and will be lost if the server is rebooted?

>>> No, modifications done on ou=schema are persisted on disk. Only the modifications
done on cn=schema are not persisted, AFAICT.

>> Hum... I'm confused...
>> You just said the opposite in your first mail: "[...] modification is not stored
on disk in ou=schema"...

>>> I'll create a JIRA and a test to demonstrate the issue.
>>>
>>> Fixing it should not be a problem, it's just a a matter of converting the schema
element (which is passed using the schema element syntax) to a meta-schema entry, and propagate
it to the backend.

>>> Remember that modifications to cn=schema are *not* allowed (it's a read only
data structure) from outside the server, but it's always possible to modify the rootDSE subschemaSubentry
attribute, as it contains all the loaded schema element. This will, in fact, impact the cn=schema,
as it's just a LDAP exposition of the loaded schema.

>> Hum... I'm confused again...
>> To my knowledge, 'subschemaSubentry' attribute value points to the "cn=schema" DN
and that's in this particular entry that you can access the schema elements (via 'attributeTypes',
'comparators', [etc.] attributes).