directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release TLP POM 19
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:06:15 GMT
I just found an issue:

The new project/pom.xml configures and runs the maven-eclipse.plugin:
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <skip>false</skip>
          <pde>true</pde>
          <!-- Workaround for http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-94 -->
          <eclipseProjectDir>..</eclipseProjectDir>
          <!-- We don't want any sources or javadocs jars -->
          <downloadSources>false</downloadSources>
          <downloadJavadocs>false</downloadJavadocs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

This configuration in inherited by the sub-projects. It is required to
overwrite the configuration in each sub-project to fix the generation
of Eclipse project files.

I added the following for shared/pom.xml, the same must be added to
the other sub-projects:
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <pde>false</pde>
          <eclipseProjectDir>${eclipse.projectDir}</eclipseProjectDir>
          <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
          <downloadJavadocs>true</downloadJavadocs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Is this acceptable, or is there a way to prevent configuration inheritance?

Kind Regards,
Stefan