directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject All projects folder in svn
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:21:49 GMT
I guess we're going with a area where all dependencies are linked via
svn:externals at the top level instead of reproducing this structure
in each project: I.e. In studio area and apacheds areas. Here's what I
am thinking:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks

Notice the ending 's' in trunks. This svn folder I propose we link to
all the trunks of directory projects. The link is short, easy to
remember and makes sense. We check this out to pull down all project
trunks together to build all and load all into the IDE in one shot.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/branches

Here we keep other branch specific svn:externals folders that
reference project branches in their respective areas under svn. We can
use a convention like <branch-name>-with-dependencies for such link
folders on branches. This may however be redundant, so maybe we can
just use the <branch-name> by itself. It's already understood to be a
"link folder" because of it's location. WDYT?

We should also require a branch log file in this branches folder to
chronicle what we've creates and deleted over time an why. Subversion
log will show this too so this may also be redundant but it's nice to
just see this info via http without having to run svn log or sift
through changes. WDYT?

Regards,
Alex

--