directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Shared bundles update
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:05:43 GMT
Hi Pierre,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> Thanks for converting the modules into bundles.

No biggy just some maven xml.

> I took some extra steps [1] [2] (the same ones as for the i18n modules) to
> make the bundle fully compatible with Studio's build:
> - Generation of the MANIFEST.MF file in a top level META-INF folder (ignored
> by SVN)
> - Usage of ${project.property} instead of ${pom.property} for Maven 3
> compliance

Ahh yes I should make the other bundles do the same. We have to do
this for all modules in ads and shared.

> - Removal of Bundle-Version directive which is inherited automatically from
> the project version

Oh I did not know we have to do this. Can you explain why we have to
do this just so I can understand?

> - Usage of ${project.name} as Bundle-Name (instead of ${project.artifactId})

Sure we can do this too.

> After fixing an issue with a wrong version used in Studio for Commons Lang
> (2.3 instead of 2.5) I was able to replace Studio's libraries plugins of
> Shared by the OSGI-fied Shared dependencies within Eclipse.
> Studio seems to work like a charm. :)
> I think we should also turn the 'all' module as a bundle. It's pretty easy
> and doesn't harm to do it.

Yeap no problem we can do this as well. We just need to make sure we
use the same tactic as I did in shared-ldap-schema because of the bug
in the maven-bundle-plugin.