directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3.0 plugin dependencies
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:01:56 GMT
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> On 27 janv. 2011, at 15:46, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi again.
>>>
>>> I agree that it does not make a lot of sense to move deps into trunks.
>>>
>>> We may want to release a new version of the 'project' project with all the
>>> changes done those last days.
>>
>> Another idea: we can also use the 'project' SNAPSHOT till we release
>> one of the big projects. WDYT?
>
> + 1
>
> AFAIR, that's what we used to be doing before.

There is an issue mentioned with using SNAPSHOT parent:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Top+Level+Pom+Management+Policy

I just tested it:
- set 19-SNAPSHOT as parent version in 'shared' project
- deleted the ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/directory/project folder
-> Maven throws error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find
artifact org.apache.directory.project:project:pom:19-SNAPSHOT and
'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM

The 19-SNAPSHOT is deployed in the Apache Snapshot repository but it
won't work, the SNAPSHOT must be installed in the local repo.

So let's release version 19 soon.

Kind Regards,
Stefan